The Emerald City gave a warm welcome to its deviantART green brethren on Saturday, March 23, with one of the most successful deviantMEETs in history! With over 400 attendees, this event was the second largest deviantMEET ever, and the day couldn't have been more perfect. The Pratt Fine Arts Center had the honor of not only hosting the event but instructing the group on some awesome artistic techniques. More on that later.
Heidi, danlev, ewm and I arrived a bit early to witness the magic of this room...
...turning into a full house!
Photo credit: ewm
The gathering kicked off with deviants mixing and mingling with one another, meeting artists with similar interests. At 1 PM, the screenprinting tutorials began, led by instructors from Pratt. We were surprised to see that our friends at Pratt even created a special screen containing a deviantART logo for attendees to use in their design!
Photo credit: ewm
While we were nervous about the weather, given that there was a snowstorm the day before, we were extremely pleased to see that it was actually a beautiful day! As such, we opened the garage, and the festivities migrated outdoors. Sidewalk chalk was distributed, and an amazing collaboration was made.
Photo credit: Ayame-Kenoshi, PoultryChamp, and ewm
A few deviants set up in the drawing room, where sketchbooks were exchanged and new masterpieces were made. Those who brought laptops or tablets were able to use Pratt's Wi-Fi to showcase their deviantART profiles, +Watch new friends, and work on digital pieces. We even had a few deviants creating unique forms of artwork -- including knitters, crafters, and even AutumnDogForge creating chain mail!
Photo credit: ewm and llesliedesign
This deviantMEET was held in honor of the Merrell Diorama Contest winners, who sent us their creations to display at the meet. All three winners were beautifully constructed and looked even more impressive in person. In fact, the first place winner, trinafool, drove all the way from Portland, OR, to share her diorama. It was a truly international deviantMEET, as we had attendees from all over -- even as far away as Vancouver, Canada!
Photo credit: ewm
After the festivities ended, a group of deviants headed to the nearby Moonlight Cafe to grab a bite to eat. It was unfortunately time to say goodbye to Seattle, but we knew we had created connections that will last a lifetime.
Special thanks goes to the Pratt Fine Arts Center for being accommodating hosts and giving us the tools to express our creativity! And, of course, thank you to all who attended, near and far. It wouldn't have been a success without you!
Check out what others had to say about the deviantMEET!
- DA meet and the near future by WolfShout
- THE DEVMEET WAS SO MUCH FUN by MystikMeep
- DeviantMeet 'n STuffs by SamiKitty14
- Deviantmeet! by randomchangeling
- Fun at DeviantMEET by TamazakiMichiko
- DEVIANTMEET!!! by hazeltopaz
- Seattle dev meet! by SykaDalorian
- April Giveaway Preview + deviantART Meet Seattle by PoultryChamp
- DA Meetup: Seattle by InuHsien
- DeviantMEET Seattle by Furox-art
- Seattle devMEET Wrap-up by pre-heresyKharn
- Home from Seattle Devmeet by Linkaton
- Seattle DeviantMeet! by 1997dragonclaw
- Devmeet was today by Luna-Wolf-Artist
- Seattle DeviantMEET by KitsuneFlame78
- Super Day @ Pratty Fine Art Center in Seattle by Poorartman
- Seattle deviantMEET tomorrow - Update by ewm
- DeviantMeet by wispofcloud
- DeviantMeet Results! by flowersun123
- DA meet in Seattle by llesliedesign