Thank you for a successful first round!
On May 1, 2012, deviantART introduced the Creative Grants program -- a source of funding allowing artists to make creative dreams a reality. We're pleased to announce the first cycle of funding has ended and we've received over 500 applications! Thank you to each and everyone who submitted their creative project. You can check out the recipients and their projects here!
Get ready for the next cycle!
We'd also like to announce that our next cycle of funding is now open. Apply by describing the artistic endeavor of your dreams through our official application form. If you didn't get a chance to participate in the last round, now's the time to get involved!
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS WILL YOU CONSIDER?
We're looking for exciting and art-related projects that need a little push financially. Think devious!
Here are a few examples of what Creative Grants could be used for:
- Installation of an art exhibition
- Additional artist materials or resources to support the production or public display of art
- A piece of work that requires specific tools
- Costs to run a creative event
If you're looking for money to pay your rent, go to classes, upgrade your Group to Super status, buy a Premium Membership or pay off your student loans, this is not for you.
WHO DECIDES RECIPIENTS?
Applications will be reviewed by the Creative Grants Board, which consists of staff, volunteers and senior members. All applications in a given cycle will be reviewed by members of the Board fairly and Grants will be given to as few or as many as the review panel deems appropriate within the budget of available funds. The Creative Grants Board will pick those projects that they believe will benefit particularly from a Grant and give those artists the support they need to make it happen. Grants will range between $250 and $750 for this cycle of funding, with a total funding of $10,000 available.
Who Can Apply?
- On 3 month cycles, deviantART will accept applications from artists seeking to fund art-related projects. Please do not apply for a project scheduled to take place within the next 3 months. Plan ahead!
- Applications can only be made using the official Creative Grants form.
- Use of funds should be scheduled to take place within 3 months of receipt of the Creative Grants.
- If your application is approved, you will be expected to post a Journal and photographs to show off some element of the project that received funding. We want to see the results of your hard work and what we helped support!
- Until you receive a Grant, you can continue to apply, but a deviant can only make one application in any given three month cycle, and once s/he receives a Grant s/he is ineligible for future Grants for a period of 2 years.
What happens If you receive a Creative Grant?
Remember to check back to hq soon for the announcement of the recipients!