Welcome to 2013, Premium Members!
Well done on your New Year's Resolutions last week! You came up with inventive and goal-oriented aspirations. We can't wait to see you put them into practice, given that you're the leader of your country, an ant, or a pirate.
Our top six winners are!
President of Poland New Year Resolutions:
- to learn to speak properly and with charisma, so that my listeners won't fell asleep during my speeches ever again.
- finally come to terms with the government, and above all the opposition party
- to lose weight and quit smoking, so I could proudly represent the country and the nation abroad, on delegations and well ... everywhere, anytime.
Julia Gillard, resolve to
1) Incroise the proice of oil.
2) Foind a new hairdresser.
3) Stoy in Paaliment at all costs!
1. I'll definitely start my swimming classes.
2. I'll try to steal the so mysterious "Secret Formula of Making Hooney" from the bees!
3. I'll study more chemistry. I gotta develop an "Anteater Repellent".
1. Become Tumblr famous.
2. Finalise my invention for harvesting food more efficiently.
3. Stop quarreling with boots.
1) Keep away from the navy folks on their metal boats with the blinky lights!
2) Sail the world around, across every channel, past every island shouting out 'ahoy land lovers!' to any soul I meet!
3) Get 'me-self' a metal leg!
1) Sail to the eighth sea, where I know there are riches without equal (they will come in handy for resolution no. 3);
2) Keep both my hands attached to my wrists: I do not like hooks, crocodiles much less;
3) Turn my sailboat in a spaceship and travel through space to unexplored planets.
Congrats to the winners! You will be contacted within the next 24 hours.
This week, we're starting a two week event. We'll be forming a %PremiumMembers
coloring book of sorts, starting with Premium Member created lineart for a Premium Member coloring contest!
We're starting off by asking you to create lineart that can be used by other Premium Members to be colored.
But all contests must have a theme, right? We're heading to the country with a farm-themed lineart contest!
What would your perfect farm look like? What kind of animals would be there? What would you grow? Fruits, vegetables, herbs, cake, humans? Do you travel by horseback or dragon, teleportation or tractor? Get creative and show us your ideal farm!
Keep in mind that we're looking for black and white, lineart pieces only! No entries that have been colored already will be accepted.
Please note that works created for this contest are entered into the contest and may be colored by other deviants and showcased in their Gallery as a part of next week's contest. Every effort will be given to ensure all parties get appropriate credit.
We'll choose three winners who will receive a deviantART Hoodie of their choice! (subject to availability). Winners will be chosen based on creativity, inclusion of the theme, artistic interpretation, and usability in next week's contest. You may enter lineart you have previously created as long as it fits within the theme and you may enter as many times as you wish!
All entries must be submitted to the Farm Lineart Contest
Gallery folder and must be entered by Tuesday, January 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM Pacific.
Create lineart that will be used in a future competition and you could win! Show us how you would farm!